This page outlines some guidelines for adding characters to Nsibidi Wiki.
See SIL FLEx taxonomy.
- Use the character template provided here: Helpful files#Adobe_Illustrator_Files
- Dimensions: 415 x 475 pixels
- File type: PNG/
SVG(Until SVG is supported by all browsers, PNG images only)
- Background: transparent
- Please link to the original vector file in the description of the image (e.g. *.ai, *.svg)
Each character must be placed in the appropriate character status category:
- Original: Nsibidi created before the Nsibiri Project
- Phono-Semantic Compound
- New: new Nsibidi made from the radicals
- Modified Form: original Nsibidi whose form has been modified
- Modified Meaning: original Nsibidi whose meaning has been modified
- Modified All: original Nsibidi whose form and meaning has been modified
- Imported: Nsibidi imported from Uli designs
- Experimental: Nsibidi created unofficially, outside of the Nsibiri Project
Refer to the SIL FLEx taxonomy for a list of semantic categories.
For the time being, dictionary categories need to be added manually, with an asterisk (*) after the definition.